Become a Poll Watcher
Strong Families • Safe Communities • Opportunity for All
Election integrity is critical to ensuring our elections are conducted in a fair manner for all Americans. Volunteer poll watchers are the backbone to helping make sure elections all throughout Fort Bend County are conducted with the utmost integrity. If you are interested in volunteering as a poll watcher, please review the information below. Please contact us using this form.
What Is A Poll Watcher?
A volunteer appointed to observe the conduct of an election on behalf of a:
• County political party
• Specific-purpose political action committee for/against a ballot measure
You must receive a Certificate of Appointment from one of the above listed entities to serve as a Poll Watcher.
What Does A Poll Watcher Do?
• Observes the election process (not voters)
• Documents observations
• Reports irregularities
Who Can Serve As A Poll Watcher?
A registered voter of the county or subdivision covered by the election who completes the Texas SOS online training, receives a Certificate of Appointment and is not any of the following:
• An elected official or candidate for office in the election
• An employee or relative of an election judge or clerk at the same polling place**
• Convicted of an election-related offense.
** A Watcher may be related to a candidate or another Poll Watcher.